Note 10 pro (sweetin) sideload downgrade modem ENG is breaking the phone (please read how)

islam.ghunim

Katılım
21 Eki 2023
Mesajlar
Tepki puanı
Puanları
Konum
Syria
I had recently this device with the original unworking IMEI numbers on latest MIUI software 14.0.1 which means the security hole of bootloader temporary unlock won't work (locked bootloader) and because mobile data in this situation can't be used, I can't unlock the bootloader. I tried changing the IMEI numbers with NV Method(resistant). that change made the device enter a bootloop to recovery showing the error NV data is corrupted. to fix this problem I used the sideload wipe efs function (not the Auto option) which restores the device original IMEI numbers. later I read somewhere that I have to use the modem ENG downgrade function to stop the device from entering a bootloop after changing the IMEI numbers, and that only 1 IMEI number can be fixed without hardware modification. I used sideload downgrade modem ENG function and wipe efs (Auto), but here where the device got broken. the ENG modem is NOT COMPATIBLE with the latest firmware version 14.0.1 and will cause the modem to never work unless the original modem is flashed and because I can't flash the original firmware on fastboot nor I can use the recovery image from in phone to get back the original firmware modem (because for some reason the device is reporting that the firmware recovery package is for beta testers even tho it is stable....). The device now can't be restored to original state and won't work even if the career have authorized the original IMEI numbers to work. the device owner refuses to open the phone for RSA edit and the only way to flash the older firmware is to use EDL flash and that requires authorization costing about 15$.

I suggest adding a sideload custom modem flash so that we can choose the original firmware modem image to at least revert changes that dft tool can do on locked devices. this will avoid financial losses caused by the dft tool and make the tool more trustworthy.

Son düzenleme:
Üst